Friday, March 13, 2009

What a Difference a Year Makes...

It seems like yesterday that I was in the awful position of receiving a RIF notice from CUSD. What a difference a year makes...this year I am in the lucky position of not receiving one. Although lucky, it is a sad day. Too many of my friends and colleagues are being RIFted. What is a RIF? It is the acronym given to a "Reduction in Force" letter that is mandated by the California Ed. code which states that if a permanent employee might not be needed for the following school year, they must be notified by March 15. Now the good news is if you receive one, it does not mean you will be laid off, just a chance. The real lay off notices come on May 15th. So to my teacher friends, "I'm sorry you have to go through this again."

1 comment:

Kristen Elizabeth said...

I love you mom! I am happy that you do not have to get a rif notice this year! That was a lot of stress last year!